A Community Health Practitioner is a specially trained professional who provides pro-motive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health activities and services to the people where they live or work. The department is putting in her best effort to train the students to be able to achieve the goals of the profession.
JCHEW is a Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria (CHPRBN) fully accredited programme
• Certificate in Community Health: 2 years programme to qualify as a Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW)
a. Entry Qualification: a candidate should possess three credits in English language, Mathematics, Biology and passes in two other subjects in WASSCE/NECO at not more than two sittings.
Roles of Community Health Practitioners/Services
• Serves as the first level of contact for people to access health system
• to make essential health services accessible and available to people wherever they live or work.
• To provide preventive, promotive, diagnostic, curative and rehabilitative health care services
• To provide adequate and effective care at the grass root level
• To work together with other members of health team to achieve the goal of “Health for All” Nigerians irrespective of where they live or work.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes