Nutrition and Dietetics program aims to provide training for prospective professionals in the relevant field as well as carrying out research activities and implementing relevant strategies regarding the principles of nutrition, nourishment, health and the treatment of the patients.
The Mission of Emirates College of Health Science and Technology Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Program is to ensure students will have the skills and knowledge to serve as professionals who deliver nutrition and dietetic services in community, food service, management, and clinical settings.
The Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics programme is aimed with the following objectives:
- To gain insight into the national nutritional problems and their
- management through diet.
- To develop skills needed for diet prescription in various illnesses.
- To promote interactions with other disciplines which relate to the study of
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- To plan and implement public awareness programmes on Nutrition
Following successful completion of the Program, students of the Nutrition and Dietetics Department receive the title of a “Dietician”. They may also pursue studies at degree level and may become senior dieticians. This program prepares students for careers in clinical nutrition, community nutrition, public health, nutrition education and counseling, foodservice management, and food and nutrition in industry.
Students who successfully complete this program, can also find positions in non-profit health organisations (such as UNICEF, WHO, WFP, Save the Children, Action Against Hunger etc), hospital-based and corporate-based programs, Federal, State and Local health agencies.
Candidates Eligibility for Admission
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
The general entry requirements for the HND Programme include:
- All the requirements for admission into the ND Programme as stated in ND program
- A minimum of lower credit pass in the ND programme
- Compulsory one (1) year cognate industrial training experience
- ND diplomates with a pass with two or more years of cognate experience in specific field may be considered.
Duration of the Programmes
The duration of the programme is TWO (2) years for both ND and HND programmes, which is split into four Semesters. This includes the three (3) months compulsory supervised industrial work experience (SIWES) in Hospital or any other relevant health institution for the ND programme.
For the abridgement programme, the duration ranges from six (6) month to one (1) year.